What is Rheumatoid Arthritis – Joints Pain?
One of the most common, but mostly misunderstood diseases, arthritis is actually not a ‘single’ disease. Against popular belief it is not an age related disorder but in fact can and does happen to people of all ages, sexes and races. So, what is Arthritis and what are the symptoms of psoriasis or any other kind of arthritis?
It is a joint disorder causing inflammation in one or more areas of the body where two different bones meet. The function of a joint is to help in movement of body parts connected by it. So literally, arthritis means inflammation of one or more of such joints in the body, causing pain and stiffness.
How many types of arthritis exist?
There are more than 100 types of arthritis, but the most common ones include:
This type of arthritis usually happens due to age. It’s because of the ‘wear and tear’ which happens due to overuse of the joints. Injuries and obesity could also be the cause as this puts extra stress on the body’s joints.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis:
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease which means the immune system of one’s body attacks various parts of the body especially the joints. This leads to inflammation which if left untreated can lead to severe joint damage. The causes of this type of arthritis are unknown but experts believe bacterial or viral infection to be the major cause.
- Psoriatic Arthritis:
People who have Psoriatic Arthritis have inflammation on the skin, which is psoriasis and joints. This type of arthritis starts usually between 30 and 50 years of age but can start in one’s childhood as well. This arthritis usually begins with the skin disease (psoriasis)
Depending on what kind of arthritis one is suffering from, one can get Knee Arthritis Joint pain Treatment or even Homeopathy Treatment of Osteoarthritis Joint pain in knee done.
What are causes and risk factors of arthritis?
- Injury which can damage to bone, ligament and cartilage.
- Any kind of infection to the joint may result arthritis.
- Obesity is a common cause of arthritis.
- Family history of Arthritis also causes it.
- Overuse of knee joint can cause bursitis which ultimately leads to intense pain.
- Sprain- Due to sudden unnatural movements causes pain as well as restriction of movement of the joint.
- Other causes include Sarcoidosis, Lupus, Kawasaki disease, bone tumors, bleeding disorders etc.
A decrease in the usual amount of cartilage can cause some forms of arthritis. This cartilage is a flexible but firm tissue in the human joints which protects the joints from the pressure and shock created when you move and put stress on them by absorbing this pressure.
If left untreated the arthritis can even lead to joint deformity.
What are arthritis symptoms and signs?
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of arthritis include
- Joint pain
- Decrease in range of motion
- Redness of skin around joints
People suffering from arthritis also notice that these pains are worse during morning time.
Some other effects and symptoms are:
- Feeling tired or fatigued
- Loss of appetite
- Decrease in red blood cell count leading to anemia
- Frequent fevers
How to diagnose arthritis?
The initial diagnosis includes consulting a doctor in case of any of the above symptoms. He/she will conduct a physical test wherein your joints will be examined for swelling, redness and warmth. Under this, how swiftly you are able to move your joints will also be checked. Depending on this he/she will get a rough idea on what type of arthritis he/she suspects you might have. Accordingly some of the following may be suggested:
- Lab tests
These will include the testing of bodily fluids like blood, urine and joint fluid. The analysis of these different fluids will pinpoint to the type of arthritis you may have.
These tests will help detect the problems in your joints leading to the specific symptoms you are suffering from. These tests include
- X-rays: Though this may not reveal the arthritic damage in the early stages they can be used to track progression of the diseases
- Computerized topography (CT): These can show visualization of the bone as well as the surrounding soft tissues.
- Magnetic Reasoning Imaging (MRI): An in-depth cross sectional image of the tissues like cartilage, tendons and ligaments can be produced.
- Ultrasound: This will help guide in needle placement for joint aspirations and injections.
What should one eat and not eat in arthritis?
Weight loss reduces the risk of arthritis and in case one has already been diagnosed with it, the too it would provide some relief from the pain. For weight loss one also needs to eat healthy.
Inlcude the following in your diet
- Fresh fruits
A gluten free diet would help improve the symptoms and even the progression of the disease.
Gout is a particular type of metabolic arthritis that is clearly diet-related. Foods that are high in purines, especially red meats and shellfish, can worsen the condition. Moreover, certain foods elevate the levels of uric acid, including alcohol (especially beer) and those foods containing high amounts of fructose (such as the corn syrup found in soft drinks). For people with celiac disease, gluten-containing foods (wheat, barley, rye) can worsen joint pains. Avoid the following food items
- Fried foods
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
A question that comes across many people’s minds is ‘Is it possible to prevent or manage arthritis through lifestyle changes?’The answer to this is yes. By taking care of one’s health, exercising regularly, undertaking guided programs for exercise and diet, physical therapy, resting one’s body, taking prescribed and regular medication and considering/undergoing surgery options, one can make the long-term outcomes of arthritis at least to a minimum if not ideal.
How to avoid or reduce the pain of Arthritis?
- A well balanced nutrition and diet will help manage the disease in a proper way.
- A healthy lifestyle also plays an important role in management of Arthritis.
- Daily exercise is a basic lifestyle measure Beneficial exercise may improve the mobility of joints.
- Try using shoe insoles, knee braces, other walking aids to reduce stress on your joints.
- Control your weight, if you are over weight, try to lose weight.
- Leading a stress free life can reduce the severity and progression of disease.
- Simple hot and cold treatments can give relief in arthritis pain. Long, warm showers or baths help ease stiffness in your joints. Use heating pad at night to keep your joints loose.Cold treatments are best for relieving joint pain, swelling, and inflammation. Wrap a gel ice pack in a towel and apply it to painful joints for quick relief.
Is Homeopathic treatment helpful for arthritis?
To avoid side effects it is recommended to take the Homeopathy Treatment for Arthritis Disorder. Of course when doing some research and trying to find out the best cure for arthritis of any kind one would think of or come across homeopathy too. And the next question that pops up is How Homeopathy Can help to cure arthritis joint pain? One must take the consultation of a doctor before taking any medication here too. It is true that Homeopathy Medicines of Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment are considered to be the Best Medicine for Rheumatoid Arthritis but only after diagnosing and understanding a patient’s problem specifically the best medicine can be recommended. Knee Arthritis Joint pain Treatment can be undertaken with best outcome under homeopathy.
Some of the benefits of consulting a Nearby Homeopathy Doctor for Psoriatic or any kind other Arthritis Treatment includes:
- It uses a holistic approach based on individual diagnosis and symptoms.
- One of the only known treatments under which complete health can be regained by removal of all signs and symptoms.
- It addresses the underlying cause and individual symptoms.
- Several options for medication available on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the complaints.
Some important remedies are given below for the homeopathic treatment of arthritis:
- Bryonia Alba. – Pain with inflammation which, is aggravated by movement and relieved by moderate pressure and rest.
- Rhus Tox. – Rhus Tox is one of the best Homeopathic medicines for treating rheumatoid arthritis. It proves helpful in rheumatoid arthritis involving any of joint. Pain aggravated by first movement, damp weather and better by continuous motion.
- Caulophyllum – It is a most effective Homeopathic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis affecting small joints which are both stiff and in pain. Joints of fingers, wrist, ankles and toes are affected.
- Calcarea Carb. – Arthritic swelling, knee pain especially in fleshy people which is worse by cold.
- – Remarkable remedy for rheumatoid arthritis has outstanding action over nerve pain.
To know the Arthritis Best Medicine for knee pain in Homeopathy or any under kind of joint pain, one must consult a doctor before taking any kind of medication. Thanks to technology one can get a consultation online as well. So your worries about arthritis can be put at bay right way. Most of your worries and queries like What Causes Arthritis, How to get arthritis joint pain relief and Arthritis Best Medicine for knee pain or any joint pain in Homeopathy can and will be answered by undertaking a consultation and then following it up with a recommended recovery path.
Disclaimer: *Please note that results and duration of treatment may vary depending on the constitution of your body. Ask or Consult to Physician Before to Proceed any Treatment.