What is Atopic Dermatitis?
Atopic dermatitis is a type of chronic eczematous skin disease which is very common in children but may occur at any age. It is the most common form of dermatitis. It is more common in people who have a family history of the condition and have an ‘atopic tendency’, means they may develop any or all of these conditions; eczema, asthma and allergic rhinitis.
Atopic dermatitis can occur because of a complex interaction of genetic and environmental factors which causes skin more susceptible to irritation by soap and other contact irritant, temperature and non-specific triggers.
What are the clinical features of Atopic Dermatitis?
- The main symptom is a rash that typically appears on the arms and behind the knees, but can also appears anywhere.
- Atopic dermatitis starts with dry skin which is very itchy.
- Scratching causes the dry skin to become red and inflamed.
- Tiny bumps that look like little blisters may appear and ooze fluid or crust over.
- Symptoms like dryness, itchiness, scratching, and in flammation-may come and go and can lead to tough and thickened skin.
- Mild atopic dermatitis affects a small area of skin, isn’t very itchy, and usually goes away with moisturizer.
- Severe atopic dermatitis covers a large area of skin that is very itchy and doesn’t go away with moisturizer.
Does atopic eczema look differ at differ ages?
People tend to get the rash on certain parts of the body, depending on their age. Infants less than one year old have widely distributed eczema and common sites for babies is especially on the cheeks, the front of the knees, nappy area and the back of the elbows. As children begin to move around, the eczema becomes more localized and thickened because they scratch rashes. In children, common areas include the neck, wrists, legs, ankles, the creases of elbows or knees, and between the buttocks. In adults, the rash often appears in the creases of the elbows or knees and on the nape of the neck. They may continue to have a diffuse pattern of eczema but the skin is often more dry and thickened.
[/vc_column_text][vc_gallery interval=”3″ images=”3214,3215,3216,3217″ img_size=”full”][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/BifeEgqlU2M”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text]
Does atopic eczema persist lifelong?
It is impossible to predict whether eczema will improve by itself or remain as it is. It is mostly seen that eczema in those persons who have sensitive skin atopic dermatitis persists life-long.
The onset of atopic eczema is usually before two years of age although it can manifest itself in older people for the first time. Atopic eczema is often worst between the ages of two and four but it generally improves after this.
Certain occupations such as farming, hairdressing, domestic and industrial cleaning, domestic duties and care-giving expose the skin to various irritants and allergens aggravates atopic dermatitis and becomes an obstacle in the cure.
What are the preventive measures for atopic dermatitis?
Treatment of atopic eczema may be required for many months and possibly years. But we can prevent or control an eczematous skin by following these measures-
- Moisturize the dry skin with thicker creams and ointments, like petroleum jelly, work better than thinner lotions.
- Avoid things that trigger rashes, such as harsh soaps and detergents, dander, and any other things which cause aggravation.
- Control scratching by covering the rash
- Putting mittens or cotton socks on baby’s hands may prevent him or her from scratching.
- Wearing cotton gloves after moisturizing at night may help older children and adults.
- Bath with lukewarm water and soak the affected skin for about 10 minutes.
What is the role of Homoeopathy treatment for atopic dermatitis?
Patient should go for homeopathy treatment for atopic dermatitis to take permanent cure by its means. Homoeopathy is the best option for all type of Homoeopathy eczema treatment, because homoeopathy treats disease from the root level. It treats the patient with the Holistic approach. During the case taking for atopic dermatitis treatment we take all symptoms from head to foot. After that we evaluate the totality of symptoms and find out the cause of the disease, and then treat it by well selected medicine. Homoeopathic medicines have excellent role in permanent cure of atopic dermatitis eczema treatment. Homoeopathy treatment for atopic dermatitis also helps to stop recurrence. Dermatitis treatment in Homoeopathy gives no side effects, to achieve the normal skin. If you are searching for atopic dermatitis treatment in Jaipur, then here at Gupta Homoeo Clinic we give best atopic dermatitis treatment in Jaipur.