What is Ringworm?
Ringworm is a skin disease caused by the fungus in the skin of humans and animals both. It is also known as Dematopytosis. It is characterized by ring shaped, red, itchy, scaly, small blisters, raised patches having defined edges.
What causes Ringworm?
It is caused by a fungus which grows on the skin and causes round, itchy rashes. Three types of fungi can cause it which is as follows- Trichophyton, microsporum and epidermophyton.
It is a contagious disease; the infection can spread from one person to another.
Who are more prone to get ringworm infection?
Anyone can get ringworm infection. It is more common in children, but it can affect anyone. It occurs mostly in warm, humid areas. Who wear wet clothes, have minor skin injuries, using public pools, share personal items, interact with pet animals can easily catch ringworm infections.
What are the signs & symptoms of ringworm infection?
Sign and symptoms are varies with the location of the body part like-
-If skin is involved then rashes and patches are ring shaped, red, Itchy, scaly, blisters, raised with defined edges.
-if nails are affected then they become thickened, discolored and break easily.
-if scalp is affected then bald patches may develop.
What are the different types of ringworm infection?
These are the following types-
- Tinea capitis – commonly children affected, rashes appears on scalp with bald spots.
- Tinea barbae– ringworm of beard area with swelling and itching may cause hair loss.
- Tinea corporis– skin of body is affected.
- Tinea pedis– also known as athlete’s foot. In this type mainly foot is affected and itchy rashes appear between toes with peeling, fissuring and maceration.
- Tinea manus– rashes appears on hands and between the fingers.
- Tinea faciei– ringworm of face but not on beard area.
- Tinea cruris– also known as jock itch. Ringworm of groin region.
- Tinea unguium– ringworm of fingernails and less common type.
[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRKa6rqQ_lA” title=”Watch Video about Ringworm and Tinea Infection”][vc_column_text]
How to prevent the ringworm infection?
- Good personal hygiene can prevent the ringworm infection.
- Don’t share personal items with anyone like towels, comb, clothes etc.
- Avoid pet animals that have signs of ringworm like bald spots.
- Always wear shoes in locker rooms, gyms and pool side.
- Always wash the hands or take bath if you interact with the pet animals.
Can Homoeopathy treat the ringworm infection?
Homeopathy can treat ringworm completely. Homoeopathy is the best therapy for all type of skin diseases, because homoeopathy treats disease from the root level. It treats the patient with the Holistic approach. It gives no side effects, to achieve the normal skin. In homeopathy our approach is the Constitutional which is based on the full case taking, covering all history of the patient and disease. In Homoeopathy we consider the disease as an external manifestation of the internal derangement and we focused on it to cure it. In the process of case taking we consider on the history of the disease, the family medical history, physical and mental symptoms of the patient. After that we evaluate the totality of symptoms and find out the cause of the disease, and then treat it by well selected medicine.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]