The terms Eczema and Dermatitis are used synonymously. Eczema is defined as an acute, sub acute or chronic, non-contagious inflammation of the skin characterized by dryness, redness, itching, swelling, scaling, oozing, crusting, blistering and thickening of skin. It is a non-contagious disease.
What causes of Eczema?
Cause of eczema is unknown but it can be due to genetic means hereditary disposition or environmental reasons like unhygienic conditions.
What are Eczema symptoms?
Eczema symptoms and the affected area vary with the different types of eczema. Eczema sin and symptoms varies from the small eruption to bumpy rashes which can cover almost all the body. On the basis of severity it can be differentiate into two categories-
- Acute condition contains redness and swelling with ill defined margins, papules and vesicles, exudation and scaling.
- In chronic condition with all the acute symptoms pigmentation, increased skin margins and thickening also occurs.
What causes Eczema triggers?
It is thought to be triggered by an overactive immune system that responds aggressively to the presence of irritants. Common triggers are follows-
- Chemicals in soaps or detergents
- Synthetic and woolen clothes
- Sudden changes or extremes of temperature
- Food allergens
- Animal dander, horse mites, pollens
[/vc_column_text][vc_gallery interval=”3″ images=”2956,2957″ img_size=”medium”][vc_column_text]
What are types of Eczema?
On the basis of etiology Eczema can be divided into two types, which are subdivided-
Exogenous / contact dermatitis
1. A) Irritant contact dermatitis (Due to direct irritants like detergents, acids, soaps, plants, diapers, medicines)
1. B ) Allergic contact dermatitis (delayed hypersensitivity reaction of skin due to specific antigen like adhesive of bindi, cosmetics, perfumes, jewellery, watches etc.)
Endogenous / constitutional dermatitis
Atopic (most common type and usually begins before the age of 1 year and rash may remits spontaneously before the age of 10 years. Acute type and mainly involves face, trunk, back of knees, wrist, ankles and elbows.
Seborrhoeic- associated with the tendency of dandruff. In this type dry or greasy peeling of scalp, eyebrows, ears, face with hair loss takes place.
Discoid – mainly lower limbs involved. It is characterized by coin shaped, multiple, oozing, Vesicular rash with clear margins and aggravates in winter.
Pompholyx – common in nickel sensitive persons and also known as housewife’s eczema because it’s aggravated by heat and emotional upset. It is usually occurs on palms, soles and side of finger and toes.
Gravitational common in elders above 50 years of age having poor blood circulation, varicose Veins, odema. It appears at lower limbs mainly ankle area.
Asteaotic seen in elders and hospitalized patient due to dry skin and low humidity.
Neurodermatitis as the name clears it occurs due to habit of itching and scratching and appears in one spot.
How to care the eczema skin?
- Remove the trigger if you can.
- Bathing can’t causes dryness, so bath once or twice in a day is beneficial.
- Soaps or detergents should be avoided on the affected area.
- Products contains dyes, perfumes should be avoided.
- Stress can aggravate symptoms, so be happy.
- Coconut oil or olive oil is the best moisturizer for the eczematous skin.
- Soaking the affected area for 15-20 minutes in lukewarm water can help.
- Avoid synthetic and woolen clothes because these irritate eczema.
- Extremes of temperature should be avoided.
- Take healthy and nutritious diet to improve immunity.
Why should go for homoeopathy to cure eczema?
Homeopathic treatment for Eczema gives permanent cure by its means. Homoeopathy is the best therapy for all type of skin diseases, because homoeopathy treats disease from the root level. It treats the patient with the Holistic approach. During the case taking for eczema treatment in Homeopathy we take all symptoms from head to foot. After that we evaluate the totality of symptoms and find out the cause of the disease, and then treat it by well selected medicine. Homoeopathic medicines have excellent role in permanent cure of eczema. Homoeopathic treatment for eczema also helps to stop recurrence. Dermatitis treatment in Homoeopathy gives no side effects, to achieve the normal skin. If you are searching for eczema cure doctors in Jaipur, then here at Gupta Homoeo Clinic we give best eczema treatment in Jaipur.