Allergic Rhinitis Treatment in Homeopathy
Allergic rhinitis, also known as hay fever or pollinosis, is an allergic response to the allergens in the air by immune system. Growing up on a farm and having multiple siblings decreases the risk. It is most common between the ages of twenty and forty.
What are the symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis?
When an allergen attacks the immune system, it releases histamine and defends the body from the allergen. This causes allergic rhinitis, which can have many uncomfortable symptoms such as:
- Itchy nose, mouth, eyes, throat, skin, or any area
- nasal congestion and obstruction
- Runny nose with Sneezing
- Watery eyes, eyelid swelling – rings under the eyes known as “allergic shiners”
- Sore throat
- Clogged ears and decreased sense of smell
- swollen nasal turbinate,
- middle ear effusion
- Fatigue and irritability
- eczema-type symptoms
- hives, which are red, sometimes itchy, bumps on the skin
- Many people with allergic rhinitis also have asthma, allergic conjunctivitis, or atopic dermatitis.
What causes Allergic Rhinitis?
Following allergens are responsible for Allergic rhinitis-
- Pollens are the biggest reason
- animal dander (old skin)
- dust mites
- food allergens
- fungal spores
- cat saliva
What are the risk factors for Allergic Rhinitis?
Allergies can happen to anyone, but common in a family has a history of allergies.
There are also external factors that can trigger this condition-
- Air pollution
- Cold temperatures
- Irritating fumes
- Tobacco smoke
- Wood smoke
- Cigarette smoke
[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pku9HFALOAo”][vc_column_text]What are the preventive measures for Allergic Rhinitis?
The best treatment is to avoid the pollens that cause it. Following are the preventive measures for allergic rhinitis-
- Stay indoors when pollen counts are high
- Wear a mask when near potential allergens.
- Take a bath in summers before sleep to wash off allergens
- In the dust and polluted atmosphere always keep windows and doors shut.
- If any one is sensitive to molds he can remove houseplants.
- To reduce dust mites remove feather pillows, soft toys, and upholstered furniture.
- Regularly vacuum sofa, curtains, and bedding with a vacuum cleaner.
- Regular change and wash all bedding in hot water.
How to manage a mild Allergic Rhinitis at home?
Allergic rhinitis is usually not severe but some people may develop sinusitis, otitis media, Eczema, bronchitis or asthma along with this condition.
A mild case can be managed at home initially, so that complications can be avoided.
- Steam of hot water with carom seeds (ajwain) can also help to clear the nasal stoppage.
- Gurgles of lukewarm water with a pinch of salt reduce the pain of throat.
- For mild allergic rhinitis, you can make nasal solution at home using one cup of warm water, half a teaspoon of salt, and pinch of baking soda.